There are a variety of reasons that you should consider studying in Australia. Australia is actually one of the top countries to go to if you are an international student, only behind the United Kingdom and the United States. There are a few reasons that this is the case.
- First, Australia actually has some of the best colleges in the world. If you look at the list of the top 100 countries in the world, you will find that seven of them are actually found in Australia, which is quite a feat when the country only has 23 million residents. You also have a lot of choice when you come to Australia. There are over 1100 institutions found across the entire country.
- The cost of living in Australia is actually excellent, especially when compared to their counterparts in the United Kingdom and Britain. If you want to study in Australia, you will be pleasantly surprised. Some of the areas where some of the most popular universities are located have relatively low costs of living.
- The urban areas (Sydney, Melbourne) may end up costing a bit more to live in, but the cost of living is no different than if you were living in a major city in your home country.
- It's also very easy to find a job so that you can make ends meet while you're studying. In the urban areas, you may be able to find internships and apprenticeships that are related to the field that you are studying. Depending on what region of Australia you are living in, you may also be able to find employment in the tourism industry, which can help you interact with people from all over the world that come to visit Australia.
- Another reason to consider going to Australia as an international student is because there is a lot of scholarship money available for you. The Australian government welcomes potential international students with open arms, and they actually offer up to $250 million dollars a year in scholarships, grants, and other financial aid that is specially set aside for international students. In order to receive this aid, there are some things that you will have to do in terms of applications and grade requirements. You can check out at this page or talk to the financial aid office at the university you are accepted to get more information about money that may be available for you.
- Over 2.5 million people have gone to Australia as international students, and many of them have gone out to make a difference in the world. If you want to study something, you will be able to find it in Australia. Some of the most popular fields to study are the natural sciences (biology, zoology, chemistry, etc), mathematics, engineering, social sciences (sociology, anthropology, archaeology, psychology, etc), and medical fields (even MD's and PhD's). If you want to study it, it's likely that you can find a university in Australia that offers a program in it.